Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Actron CP9580 No problems with supplier.

Actron CP9580 No problems with supplier.
Unfortunately this device does not work on my vehicle.

I live in Australia and have a 2002 Hyundai Elantra. The vehicles make and model can be selected from the list in the device setup however it will not communicate when connected ('link error'). I understand the protocol used on the same car in the US is OBD compliant. The make and model is available in the setup procedure so I assume it works in the US but for some reason it won't work in Australia.

I tried it on a later model Elantra in Australia (2004) and it connected but the functionality appeared very limited. It appears this technology in Australia is very 'hit and miss' for vehicles manufactured before 2006.

This is very disappointing but I have no problems with the supplier. The device arrived promptly and in excellent condition. The technical support provided was also very good. The durability and feature set is excellent for the price.

I accept full responsibility for the compatibility problem. I researched the issues as much as possible before purchasing however information is difficult to obtain on foreign vehicles and it is not possible to 'try before you buy' because they are not sold here. I was prepared to take the risk but it didn't work out.

Nevertheless I will keep the device and try it on later model cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment